History of 'The Lutheran Hour'
History of 'The Lutheran Hour' |
On October 2, 1930, the first broadcast of The Lutheran Hour® radio program was aired, with Dr. Walter A. Maier as speaker. The Lutheran Laymen's League, which had formed thirteen years earlier as a financial support organization for the Lutheran ChurchMissouri Synod, had a vision of spreading the Gospel message using the young technology of broadcast radio. For more than 80 years, the call of Christ has been carried around the world by radio waves to share the Good News.
Listed below are links to biographies of the men who served as speakers of this radio ministry.